Symantec NetBackup - Data Recovery Services to End of the Dark Ages of VirtualizationWhile backup takes many forms, recovery shouldn’t. NetBackup with V-Ray technology is the single solution when recovery is needed—whether from tape, disk, snapshot, cloud—in a physical or virtual environment. Only NetBackup with V-Ray unifies backup, deduplication, replication, snapshots, and appliances with support for VMware and Hyper-V in a single product.
Enhanced Disaster Recovery
- Auto Image Replication
- Further automates backup replication capabilities between separate NetBackup domains or locations.
- Automatically manages the global replication of deduplicated backup images.
- Enables fast and scalable DR because backup images can be made available for immediate recovery from any domain or global location, with minimized storage footprint and bandwidth impact.
Deeper VMware Integration
- Turnkey backup and deduplication deployment options
- Easy to install, configure and use, pre-installed with NetBackup 7 and/or NetBackup deduplication.
- Efficient bandwidth utilization with built-in disk to disk replication for disaster recovery and an alternative solution to tape.
- Flexible deduplication options to accommodate varying environment needs.
Simplified Reporting and Enhanced Security
- Expanding upon award winning backup and recovery for virtual environments.
- Linux Single File Restore: Instantly restore single files and folders from a VM backup image (VMDK) of a Linux-based system.
- VM Intelligent Policy: Automatically discover and protect new or moved virtual machines without changing your backup policy.
- Continuous data protection for VMs: Integration with VMware vCenter and the ability to recover a virtual machine to any point in time using NetBackup RealTime.
- Enhanced OpsCenter reporting around capacity licensing, policies and disaster recovery
- Enhance security by being able to track who made what changes, when the changes were made, and the types operations that were performed in a NetBackup environment centrally from OpsCenter